Last Updated: 12/7/2017
Types of Information Collected
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us, including, but not limited to your first and last name, date of birth, physical address, zip code, email address, phone number, employment details, fingerprint, driver’s license or other state identification information, signature, photographs, videos, information about the device you want to sell (including device make, model, ownership history, condition and carrier information) and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services. We automatically collect information about you when you use our Services. For example, we may collect:
• Transaction Information: When you use our kiosks, we collect information about your transaction, including but not limited to the transaction amount, date, time and location. We may also capture images, sound and other information using audio, photo and/or video surveillance technologies.
• Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. In addition, we collect information about the devices you appraise or sell through our Services, including unique identifiers (such as the device’s serial number and IMEI) and the make, model, condition, memory size, features and color of each device. We may also collect information about whether the “phone finder” feature is enabled and information about when the contract with your carrier terminates. We may also collect additional data stored on the device in the event you do not comply with our instructions to wipe the device prior to completing a transaction with us.
• Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use our Services. For more details about this type of collection and the choices you have, please see “Information Choices” below.
• Log Information: When you visit our websites, some information is automatically logged, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
• Information Collected by Cookies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include placing cookies on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features are popular and count visits to our Services. For more information about cookies, please see “Information Choices” below.
• Information Collected by Web Beacons: We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
• Information We Collect from Other Sources: We may also obtain information about you from other sources and link or combine it with the information we collect from you. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
• operate and improve our Services, provide and deliver products and services to you and send related information, including confirmations, notices, updates, alerts, surveys, support and administrative messages;
• monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
• personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that are targeted toward your interests;
• respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• provide and deliver products and services to you and send related information, including confirmations, notices, updates, alerts, surveys and support and administrative messages;
• communicate with you about contests, sweepstakes, promotions, rewards, upcoming events and other news and information about products and services offered by ecoATM and other companies;
• process and deliver contest, sweepstakes and promotion entries and rewards;
• detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of ecoATM and others;
• link or combine information about you with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
• with our corporate affiliates;
• with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform a variety of functions on behalf of ecoATM, including filling orders, assisting with promotions, and providing technical services for us. These companies may have access to information about you as needed to perform such functions; however, they agree to use such information only for the purpose of performing these functions;
• with third parties for their own business purposes, including to market products and services to you (for information about how to opt out of this type of sharing, see “Information Choices” below);
• with third parties, including law enforcement, to detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions or any action that is inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, and/or to protect the rights, property and safety of ecoATM, our affiliated companies and others (including retailers);
• in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
• with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ecoATM is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United States and other countries.
ecoATM takes commercially reasonable steps to protect and secure information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Third Party Links
Our Services on iOS allow you to access Apple Maps. Please note that when you use Apple Maps, you are subject to Apple's Terms of Service (available at https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/maps/terms-en.html), as amended by Apple from time to time.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics Services
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages from ecoATM by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and/or reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of our Services.
Location Information. When you first launch any of our mobile applications or visit one of the pages on our website that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can later stop this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device or Internet browser. If you do so certain features of our Services will no longer function. You can also stop our collection of location information by our mobile applications by following the standard uninstall process and removing all ecoATM applications from your mobile device.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can elect to stop receiving these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Opt Out of Information Sharing. To opt out of having ecoATM share information about you with third parties for their own business purposes, including to market products and services to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. ecoATM qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please email email@example.com.
Biometric Retention Policy for Illinois
In accordance with Illinois law, this Biometric Information Retention Policy explains how biometric information is retained and destroyed by ecoATM for transactions occurring in Illinois. When you use our kiosks, we may collect, use and store your fingerprints and other biometric information. We retain records of this information for transactions occurring in Illinois for one year from the date of collection, unless a longer retention period is required by subpoena, warrant, court order, or another legal requirement.
If you have questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.